Having Character & Soul, rooted in its area & supporting local life....A True Eco-Luxury Experience awaits.
Know Before You Arrive in Naxos Island & ELaiolithos
Greeting from Naxos island. We hope everyone of you is well, healthy, and safe.
ELaiolithos will open for the upcoming season on May 28, 2021,
following the latest Greek Government orders and travel restrictions.
First and foremost, we care about everyone’s safety and are closely monitoring the situation and guidance from the World HealthOrganization (WHO)
When it comes to your booking with us, worry not. Feel free to ask us anything at any time. Whenever you are ready to travel again, please know that we’re here and ready to serve you and offer you a memorable experience.
At this pivotal moment, the safety and well-being of our guests & team members is a top priority
Whether you already have booked a trip with us, or are planning your upcoming travel, we want to let you know that:
ELaiolithos is professionally managed by the founder/owner, who is a native born and has also lived in the USA for 30 years, she has the experience, knowledge, extensive education, and has been in the traveler’s shoes all her life, and
the following proactive preventative steps about cleanliness, and hygiene standards have been taken:
- Our hotel practices meet the latest Covid19 guidance for the continued safety and well-being of our guests.
- Our hotel staff has taken all the seminars given by the Greek Deputy Ministry of Tourism, and by the Greek Chamber of Commerce about good practices of cleaning and disinfection. We all have been trained. Certifications received for: –*1 New Rules of hygiene & safety for the operation of mass catering companies. –*2 Hygiene & safety rules for the reopening of Hotels & Accommodation. –*3 New Technologies & Tourism in the Covid-19 period. –*4 Practical instructions and answers that concern the businesses of hotel units, accommodation and tourist facilities. –*5 The new tourist: analysis of tourist behavior during and after the pandemic. –*6 Additional requirements and new prevention measures for the operation of accommodation in the new era. –*7 Tourism Business Strategies for dealing with the new environment due to the Pandemic. –*8 “Digi.travel Issues & Trends – Travel in the post-covid19 era” by Green Key
- Our hotel staff is receiving on going briefings and enhanced operating protocols with up to date information to keep them and their families informed, aware and protected throughout this situation.
ELaiolithos’ environment by default is ideal for social distancing.
You need NOT to worry about Social distancing. We’re in a privileged position of having 850 sq.m porch (9,149 sq.ft). ELaiolithos is built in a point of vantage in Naxos. Every suite has its own patio furniture, its own lounge chairs and hammock, and its own lit marble dining table at the edge of the terrace to absorb our amazing view. Meaning you have more than plenty of space to keep you apart from anyone else. Here, eat, drink and be airy! Indulge your appetites outdoors.
The retreat has no neighbors,
thus having all the isolation, expanse and clear weather. Enjoy comfortable and private accommodation in a remote peaceful rural location. It is very secluded far away from the regular tourist crowds.
- Privacy and tranquility are two elements that define the ideal holiday at ELaiolithos Luxury Retreat.
- Alcohol-based hand rubs/sanitizers, masks/gloves are provided upon check in.
- Every suite has its own air purifier.
- We stress regular hygiene. Check out time will be at 11:00 am. Exquisite cleanliness is of paramount importance.
- All sheets, pillows, towels, and bathrobes are sterilized by COCOMAT.
- Every booking has its own blankets cleaned and presented to you for the duration of your staying.
- For your own safety we have invested in Mattress Protectors that are removable. After check out every protector is changed and replaced with a sterilized one, which means your bed will have a clean new mattress protector just for you to have that clean feel!
- We have made a valuable investment by having every mattress vacuumed with the advanced HEPA filtration system that captures virtually anything after every check out. The U.S. Department of Energy approves the HEPA filter technology, which testifies to its supreme rank and reliability in fighting microorganisms.
- Area carpets are replaced with clean new ones after every check out.
- Our housekeeping teams are disinfecting all hand surfaces in your room as part of our rigorous cleaning procedures. They will disinfect anything a traveler would touch frequently; this can include but is not limited to, the knobs, light switches, door handles, toilets, etc.
- Our personnel are locals. Staff wearing gloves & masks at all times which are then frequently changed.
- Our restaurant serves authentic local cuisine from farm-to-taste buds, we use all natural, regionally-sourced ingredients within a radius of 7 Km, giving you the freshest local food & drinks. We Know the Hen Who Laid the Eggs.
- For our Food & Beverage outlets, different measures from food preparation to dining experience have been implemented to ensure food hygiene safety.
- Breakfast is served à la carte.
- Dining tables and chairs are sanitized with disinfectant, so guests can find a pleasant and safe dining experience at our outdoor lounge cafe bar.
- Hand-sanitation stations are placed in public areas on our porch.
- Digital check in
- We provide you with beach towels.
Your time and personal well-being are critically important to us. Please know we are closely monitoring global developments regarding the Covid19, and we are fully focused on protecting the health and safety of our guests and crew. Each Suite blends the fresh air from the mountains of Naxos island, with the elegant luxury of the materials used, the design and the architecture.
REST ASSURED that we take every cleaning precaution measurement in order to contribute to your peace of mind during your time with us.
We wish everyone well as we collectively navigate this global health challenge. Stay safe. Stay healthy. Be patient and kind. There is no better time to strengthen our bonds, to stand together, to help each other through this storm, and come out the other side stronger.
We look forward to welcoming you to ELaiolithos Luxury Retreat and vibrant Naxos in this coming season.
More Info about your staying
Welcome to ELaiolithos, where you can expect to be treated like family. We know you have a choice when it comes to travel, and by choosing us you receive personal care and service. We do everything to ensure your vacation would be worry and hassle free, so you can relax and enjoy the culture, sights, and people you meet during your travel.
We are closely monitoring the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and World Health Organization’s statements regarding the novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) cases and following the guidelines from these agencies and the local health departments
We all have a part to play in keeping each other safe.
https://www.who.int/ World Health Organization
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/ea/novel-coronavirus-hubei-province–china.html (United States Department of State – Bureau of Consular Affairs)
https://gr.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulate/athens/ (U.S. Embassy Athens)
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/traveladvisories.html/ (Travel Advisories for your intended destination )
https://www.usa.gov/coronavirus (Government Response to COVID-19)
https://www.state.gov/coronavirus/ We will continue to update this information frequently, and encourage all to read our latest Travel Advisories in their entirety and to enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP.state.gov) to receive further updates.
Check-in time: 3:00 PM
Should you arrive earlier and your room is not yet ready, we will be happy to store your baggage for you. Feel free to relax on our terrace outside or explore the nearby village of Moni (1 km, 0.62 miles) or visit Panagia Drosiani Byzantine Church (within 350 meters) until your room is ready.
Check-out time is 11:00 AM
Please let us know if your departure is delayed. We will make every effort to accommodate you.
Free High-speed Wi-Fi Internet access inside every room and outside on the terrace. Upon arrival you will be provided with the password for the outside area. There are no hidden fees, WiFi is free in our establishment.
- Also you need no Electrical converter(s)/adapter(s). Inside and outside there are USB power sockets.
ELaiolithos greets you at the start of the day with à la carte breakfast served in our lounge or in your room or on your patio (as you wish), full of fresh, natural local delicacies that will fill you with the energy necessary to make the best of your stay. All apartments are fully furnished & include state-of-the-art fully equipped kitchens with modern electrical devices & all necessary utensils. Enjoy your dishes, freshly squeezed juices, and aromatic coffee, and start your day full of energy. Breakfast is included in the price of the suite.
Our selections include:
- Local bread fresh baked every morning
- Variety of organic fresh whole fruits of the season
- Variety of local cheeses
- Butter and marmalades – all handmade
- Fresh hard-boiled eggs
- Loukoumades (fried dough with honey) fresh made
- A selection of coffees and teas
- Soy milk and gluten-free options are available upon request. Please advise us in advance so we can accommodate these requests, as they are not available unless requested.
- Breakfast in ELaiolithos is an everyday surprise!
- Our guests are also welcome to have a guest, friend, or family member join them for breakfast, with our compliments
As a guest of ELaiolithos, you can enjoy our generous Amenity package
After you check in, we’ll provide you with all the information you need to know, where to go, where to eat, what to see, what to visit, must see and try. Wherever on the island you find yourself, you need not to worry – we’re providing all info to you.
ELaiolithos’ guests can enjoy these recommendations we offer for the restaurants/taverns. Rest assured, we only recommend authentic local places who offer fresh local seasonal culinary delicacies. We know the hen who laid the eggs. We have at least 1 recommendation in every village.
Tap water is 100% safe throughout our establishment.
- You drink fresh spring water coming from Mountain Fanari above Moni village. This is our source of fresh tap water. We’ve done all tests and our water is of excellent quality. Also we’ve installed carbon filters for extra precaution. Don’t forget we drink the same water, us and you! We recommend you purchase bottled water only for sightseeing and excursions.
The ELaiolithos is a smoke free establishment inside all rooms. Guests who wish to smoke must go outdoors.
Only service animals are allowed. If you have a service animal, please advise us at time of reservation. Guests are liable for any damages to the room. The animal may not be allowed to be left in the room unaccompanied.
Guests must provide a credit card at the time of check-in to guarantee the charges. We recommend you do not use a debit card for this. When you arrive and register, we must get authorization approval from your bank or card issuer for the amount equal to the room for the stay. Ahold may be placed on your card account for the full authorized amount, through your date of check-out and such hold may not be released for 72 hours from the date of check-out or longer at the discretion of your card issuer. Our tips for travelers is whether you stay with us or at any other hotel, please make sure before your stay to secure a credit limit on your card that will comfortably allow for your room charges plus all the shopping and activities you’ll want to enjoy in Naxos.
Prepaying your stay before you arrive will get you the best rate on our establishment.
If you have any questions, please feel free to Contact us.
Forgot something? Need something extra in your room to be more comfortable? Just let us know! We keep many items on hand for the comfort of our guests.
From Port/Airport of Chora Naxos:
– Taxi: $30
Please Contact our concierge staff if you would like to inquire about rates to reserve a transportation car for pick up at the airport or the port. We can arrange a rental car for you which will be waiting for you either at the airport or port.
In the Chalkio village at 3.5 Km away, there is an ATM machine. In Filoti village (4.5 km away) there is a Bank.
- Fanari can accommodate 3 guests and Zas can accommodate 2 guests. Each is 37 sq.meters
- The Ariadne & Dionysus Suite can accommodate 2 guests (it’s ideal for a couple). It is 53 sq. meters
- Koronos Suite can accommodate 4-5 guests. It is 87 sq. meters, has 2 bathrooms and a washing machine (laundry)
There are many options available to accommodate a traveling family. We suggest that you please call us directly or email us for arrangements. You might also want to take a look at Our Exclusive Hotel Use
All apartments are fully furnished & include state-of-the-art fully equipped kitchens with modern electrical devices & all necessary utensils.
We speak English and Greek.
ELaiolithos has NO hidden costs. We do offer free tea, coffee and many other local delicacies through out your staying. All rooms have a refrigerator.
It is very important to us that our handicapped guests feel comfortable at the ELaiolithos establishment. Therefore, all of our rooms and terrace is geared towards accessibility, all easily accessible in a wheelchair.
Step outside the tourist tracks crowded places, travel @elaiolithos through time and live an authentic experience at our wonderful retreat – the perfect combination of eco-friendly spirit, sustainability, and great comfort. Your holidays here will be very rewarding in many ways…..
We’re here for you. Our emphasis in safety and quality continues to be consistent as always.